How to access your test and examination results on Student Central.
(For help, please call UKZN Student LAN i.e. ITD, on 031-260 7818 / 1171 or 8131) for assistance to activate your student number/email.
- The web address is: sc.ukzn.ac.za or http://sc.ukzn.ac.za
- This address will take you directly to the login page for the Student Central site.
- If you have NEVER logged into the site before you will need to use your birth date as a pin. This is explained under the password bar on that page. Once you have logged in with your pin number it will take you first to a page where you create your password. BE CAREFUL TO CHOOSE A PASSWORD THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN LATER IF YOU FORGET IT. Then as a third way of helping you get your password in future you can go to the Options Menu then the "Secret Questions" where you are also asked to choose one of five questions on the page and then you put your personal answer in the space and that will enable you to get your password given to you immediately.
Option 2: Getting your password for the first time after being registered. It gets emailed to you Student Number Email Address i.e. Groupwise, thereafter you can change it.
Visit http://ukzn.ac.za on main webpage click on CURRENT STUDENTS, then Groupwise Web Access, then Access Point (1) or (2). Then put Username (your current Student Number), then Password (your date of birth e.g. 110782). Then check your emails, specifically the one sent to you by the UKZN ICT department that contains your temporary/first time login and password.
- If this does not work click on the phrase "trouble logging-in?" just underneath the grey login box and this will take you to a help page.
- If you have logged in before and chosen a password but have forgotten password click on any one of the following:
- Forgotten You Password/PIN?
- "emailed" (to have your password emailed to you)
- Or the embarrassed little face on the end of that row
- These will take you to a screen that provides a space for you to enter your student number. Once you have entered your number click on "Email My Password/PIN" and it will be emailed to the email address you have given us and the server will also try to send it via sms to you cell phone. You will also immediately be taken in to a screen for the secret question. If you can submit the answer that you gave for the secret question you chose when you set your password the password will come up on the screen immediately.
Please don't call the Distance Accounting Unit and ask us to give you your results. You will need to be able to get your final results off the Student Central results site so you might as well make sure that you can get your results that way now.
Results for your Sponsors
We have also had requests for "official test results" from some of you for your sponsors. If you need these please send us the following:
The name of your training officer/sponsor
Their email address
We will then send the results directly to them and a copy of that email will be sent to you.